Deliciously moreish, delightfully easy to make! These apple roses are picture perfect and simple to knock up. So if you fancy some foolproof baking why not give them a ago and wow your friends and family.
⭐ This recipe is suitable for vegetarians. ⭐
Apple Pastry Roses Recipe
Author: The Hungry Bears Blog
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 medium apples (Marsh Produce Ltd)
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 medium egg, beaten (Marsh Produce Ltd)
- Juice of half a lemon (Marsh Produce Ltd)
- 50g demerara sugar
- 2tsp cinnamon
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 190C, 170C Fan, Gas mark 5. Decore the apples,cut in half and then thinly slice.The slices should be about the thickness of a penny. To ensure they don't go brown place them into a bowl of water with the lemon juice.
- Place the apples into a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Put on a low heat and gentle cook for 3 mins or until the slices begin to bend and become flexible. When ready take them off the heat and set aside.
- Roll out the pastry and cut in half through the longest side, then cut each side in to 4 so you have 8 strips. Drain the apple and pat dry with kitchen roll. Place the slices along the top edge of each pastry strip so they overhang the pastry slightly. On the bottom of each pastry strip brush with a little of the beaten egg then sprinkle generously with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Fold the bottom of each strip up to the top so it is in line with the top pastry edge and the apple slices can still be seen. From one side start to roll the apple and pastry up in to the rose shapes.
- Cut out 8 small circles of baking paper and place on the bottom of a shallow cupcake tray. Place the pastry roses in to the tray and bake in the oven for 40mins or until the pastry is cooked through and golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a baking rack. Dust with icing sugar and serve.