Banana & Cinnamon Pancakes
So its Saturday morning and the weekend is finally here. You roll out of bed, wander to the kitchen and flick the kettle on. As its the weekend you deserve a little treat, right? Well these tasty little slices of joy will certainly brighten up your day. Simple and quick to make, so there won't be lots of washing up (and let's face it who wants to scrub pans on the weekend? Or any other day for that matter!). They're also really wholesome and moreish so you get your weekend treat fix. Go on, you deserve it!
Author: Hungry Bears
Recipe type: Snack
- 1 Large banana
- 4 Medium eggs
- 30g Rolled oats
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil (or light cooking oil)
- Natural yoghurt, berries and chopped nuts to serve
- Add into a blender or food processor your banana broken into a few pieces along with the eggs, oats, honey, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Blend for around 30 seconds until you have a rough batter mixture, leaving some lumps for texture.
- Set a large frying pan on a medium heat and add in your oil. Allow the pan to heat for a minute or so.
- Pour in a small amount of mixture into the pan to form round pancake shapes, how big they are is up to you but leave some space to get a spatula underneath and flip them.
- Leave the pancakes for a couple of minutes until golden underneath and starting to set on top, then flip them over and cook for a further couple of minutes.
- When cooked both sides remove and stack on a plate.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and some berries or try some of your own favourite toppings (We love honey and nuts too!)