Garlic Chicken with Courgette Ribbons
With the weather warming up we are looking for lighter dishes for the summer to keep things fresh and recently it seems that everyone is getting into courgettes in a big way. Whether they are stuffed, spiralised into spaghetti or sliced up they seem to be all the rage. We’ve embraced the move and griddled a few courgettes for this dish to have as an accompaniment to some lovely garlic chicken. Light and easy, the way summer dishes should be. Kick back with this one and enjoy the sun!
Author: The Hungry Bears Blog
Recipe type: Dinner
- Start by frying the diced chicken in a pan with a little oil. Allow the chicken to colour before turning. When golden on all sides add the onion, garlic, pepper, olives and herbs. Cook until the pepper and onions are soft.
- To prepare the courgette either use a vegetable peeler to peel wide ribbons or cut with a knife along the length of the courgette to make long slices 0.5cm thick.If using a peeler try and make the ribbons as thick as you can.
- Brush a griddle pan with a small amount of olive oil and bring up to a medium-high heat. Place the courgette in the pan and leave for a few minutes each side until the ribbons show charred lines from the pan and start to go soft, then turn them over and repeat.
- When cooked on both sides remove the courgette form the pan and in a bowl mix with the pesto.
- Return to a saucepan on a low heat to warm through again.
- Serve up the courgette ribbons and top with the chicken and vegetables, garnish with some grated parmesan.