Grilled Fruit Tortillas
August is the month of holidays and one of the great things we often see when we go abroad is the fantastic fruit laden trees that seem to grow so effortlessly everywhere. So when we’re back home and we see fresh stone fruits available at the market we always pick some up to create something tasty and bring back some of that holiday magic. This recipe bring together great summer flavours and soft but also crunchy textures. A great combination.
Author: The Hungry Bears Blog
Recipe type: Snack
Serves: 20 mins
- 2 Large ripe nectarines or other stone fruits (plums, gages, peaches)
- 2 Soft Tortillas
- 100g Mascarpone
- 20g Flaked almonds or chopped pistachios
- 1tbsp Runny honey
- ½ tsp Ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp Olive oil or light oil
- Set a large frying pan on a medium heat. Using a large glass or round pastry cutter cut out discs of the tortillas. Put some olive oil in a bowl and brush the tortilla disc lightly with the oil on both sides.
- Place the mini tortillas into the frying pan and fry on each side for around 5 minutes until golden and crisp. When cooked remove from the pan and set aside on some kitchen paper.
- While the tortillas fry, set another grilled pan or a frying pan on a medium heat. Slice your nectarines into eighths and again brush with a little on both sides and place in the pan. Leave to cook for 5 minutes on each side to that they char and soften.
- To arrange the tortillas, when they have cooled spread a small teaspoon of mascarpone over the discs lay two slices of fruit on top. Drizzle over the honey and sprinkle the almonds or pistachios. Finish with a light sprinkle of nutmeg and serve.