Morcilla & Sausage Rolls
Author: Sharon Hudson
Recipe type: Light Eats
- For the filling
- 1 x Morcilla (very rich Spanish black pudding)
- 500g sausagemeat
- Medium red onion very finely chopped
- 125g cheddar cheese
- Heaped tsp herbs de Provence
- Mix all the above very well & divide the filling into two
- 1 packet of puff pastry cut in half lengthways. Roll each half about an inch wider.
- I egg, beaten.
- Place a roll of sausagemeat on one strip of pastry, brush beaten egg along one edge, fold the pastry over & seal. Divide into 12 individual rolls. Snip two 'V' shapes on each roll with scissors. Place spaced out on a baking sheet & brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200* for about 20-25 mins.
- You can make with about 125g British black pudding or leave it out altogether & just have the sausagemeat filling.