This simple recipe combines the sweetness of roasted carrots with the perfectly paired flavours of cumin and garlic for a delicious dip. It’s great with flatbreads, crackers or any vegetable crudités. Plus you can pick up a number of the ingredients from our traders at The Sidings N21.
⭐ This recipe is suitable for vegetarians and vegans. ⭐
- 350g carrot (Marsh Produce Ltd)
- 3 garlic cloves peeled (Chez Francis & Sylvie)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (Ojos Food)
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp smoked paprika or pimentón (Ojos Food)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Juice of half a lemon (Marsh Produce Ltd)
- 200g chickpeas
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200c/180c fan/gas mark 6. Slice the carrots into thick rounds (2cm thick), spread evenly on a baking tray with the garlic and drizzle with oil. Scatter over the cumin seeds and season well with salt and pepper. Put the tray into the oven and roast for 25-30 mins, until carrot is tender and starts to colour.
- n to a food processor add the chickpeas, lemon, paprika, turmeric, tahini and when ready add all the roasted ingredients. Pulse together until you have a course mixture.
- Serve the dip into a bowl and drizzle with more oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.